Retention, Promotion, and Tenure (RPT) Policies & Information
- CFA Career-line, Adjunct, and Visiting Faculty Policy - Appointment, Review, Reappointment & Promotion (provisionally approved November 2014)
- CFA Tenured Faculty Review Policy (Post-Tenure RPT) (approved April 2013)
- Department of Art & Art History RPT Policy (approved December 2008), Department of Art & Art History RPT Policy (approved May 2014)
- Department of Ballet RPT Policy (approved April 2004)
- Department of Film & Media Arts RPT Policy (approved July 2006)
- Department of Modern Dance RPT Policy (approved September 2003), Department of Modern Dance RPT Policy (approved May 2016)
- School of Music RPT Policy (approved November 2008)
- Department of Theatre RPT Policy (approved October 2003)
For Sabbatical Requests:
- Please submit your request to your Chair/Director. The Chair/Director must submit requests for faculty Sabbatical leaves (including the Chair/Director letters of support and ranking) to the Dean by November 23, 2016.
- Please read all information carefully on the downloadable forms. You will turn in completed forms and all supporting documentation to your Department Chair/Director.
For your convenience, the three forms that you need to complete (Application, Form 1 & Form 2) are included as both Word documents and PDF documents. Please use the version that works best for you.
- 2017-18_SabbaticalApplication.docx - Word Version
- 2017-18_Sabbatical-ASCS-Form1.docx - Word Version
- 2017-18_Sabbatical-ASCS-Form2.docx - Word Version
- 2017-18_SabbaticalApplication.pdf - PDF Version
- 2017-18_Sabbatical-ASCS-Form1.pdf - PDF Version
- 2017-18_Sabbatical-ASCS-Form2.pdf - PDF Version
For more information about the rules governing sabbatical leaves please see sections 4 & 9 of University Policy 6-314.
Career-Line/Adjunct/Visiting Faculty Policy
- University of Utah - College of Fine Arts Statement for Appointment, Review, Reappointment, and Promotion of Career-line, Adjunct, and Visiting Faculty (provisionally approved November 2014)
- CFA Absence Policy (for all faculty members in the College of Fine Arts)
- Absence Report Form (for absences to be reported to the Dean's Office)
Curriculum Process & Policies
All curriculum forms are submitted through the Kuali system in CIS.
- For Curriculum Administration Forms Guidelines, please click here.
- For the Curriculum Submission Overview spreadsheet that needs to be turned in to the Dean's Office with the curriculum forms, please click here.
- For a Syllabus Template Checklist, please click here.
- For a Syllabus Template, please click here.
- For the Course Change Supplemental Form, please click here.
- For the New Course Supplemental Form, please click here.
- For the Program Change Form, please click here.
- For the University Graduation Requirement Worksheet (including Gen Ed requirements), please click here.
- Curriculum Administration Website
- Center for Teaching & Learning Excellence (CTLE) Website
- Undergraduate Council Syllabus Guidelines