Student Advisory Committee (SAC)
Student Advisory Committees (SACs) are student groups established within each department to promote communication and interaction among students, faculty, staff, and administrators. They provide students with more opportunities to offer their voices and perspectives at the departmental level. SACs are both a social and an academic organization within their department and as such they advance involvement opportunities, encourage participation in departmental activities, and work together with others to build the campus community.
Some of the roles of the SACs are to:
- Promote academic and social activities. Examples include lectures, demonstrations, faculty involvement opportunities, freshman-mentoring programs, assisting with departmental orientation process, publishing a newsletter, etc.
- Encourage collaboration with other student organizations
- Provide service opportunities
- Assist in the faculty RPT process
- Build campus community at the University
If you are interested in becoming involved with your SAC or learning more about opportunities, please contact your departmental SAC officer. Do you have a comment or suggestion for the College? Want to make sure your voice is heard? Connect with your College of Fine Arts Student Advisory Committee (SAC).